L-Stance – (Niunja Sogi)
- One and a half shoulder widths long from the footsword of the rear foot to the toes of the front foot, almost forming a right angle.
- The toes of both feet point 15 degrees inward
- Place the heel of the front foot 2.5cm beyond the heel of the rear foot.
- This is half facing
- 70 percent of the body weight on the rear leg and 30 percent on the front leg
- When the right leg is in the rear it is a right stance, and vice versa
- Bend the rear leg until the knee cap forms a vertical line with the toes, bending the front leg proportionally