Yellow belt 8th kups
Terminology Applicable to 8th Kup
Dan-Gun (21 movements): Dan-Gun is named after the Holy Dan-Gun, the legendary founder of Korea in the year 2333 BC.
- Rising block is classified as a front block, so it must be performed full facing.
- Front block means when the blocking tool finishes at the centre line & the body is full facing.
- When performing rising block, the fist must be over the opposite shoulder.
- Three-step sparring may be practised using the same three of ANY attack.
- Remember not to perform the high punch when returning to Chon-Ji.
- Side block is when the body is kept half-facing whilst blocking.
- The 4 defensive movements in Dan-Gun are:
- Niunja Sogi, Sonkal Kaunde Daebi Makgi,
- Niunja Sogi, Sang Palmok Makgi,
- Gunnun Sogi, Bakat Palmok Najunde Makgi,
- Gunnun Sogi, Chookyo Makgi.
- Green belt signifies the plant’s growth as the Taekwon-Do skills begin to develop