Low Stance – (Nachuo Sogi)
- This stance is one shoulder width wide, measured between the center of the insteps of the feet.
- It isone and a half shoulder widths long, measured from the big toe of the rear foot to the heel of the front foot.
- The weight is distributed is 50/50 evenly between the feet
- The back leg is straight and locked with the back foot pointed outward up to 25 degrees
- The front leg is bent with the knee-cap directly over the heel with the front foot pointed straight forward
- The foot muscles of both feet tensed as if to pull the feet together.